Following up with prospects who visit the postcard links
To follow up with contacts, it’s best to do a “live connect” — either call and speak to them by phone, or door knock and speak to them in person. Based on agent feedback, if you do not make a live connect, you’ll get about 10% of the listings; if you live connect by phone, you’ll get around 50% to 75% of the listings; and if you live connect in person you’ll get around 90% to 100% of the listings.
To find the phone number, you can do a reverse look-up based on the address. Three sites that typically provide great reverse look-up information are SearchPeopleFree.com, TruthFinder.com, and WhitePages.com.
When following up with a contact you do not know, such as Geographic Farm prospect, follow these general guidelines:
- Don’t be up front — don’t say “you went to my website”
- Don’t be assumptive — this is not a listing appointment. They merely went to your website
- Say “I’m a realtor in the neighborhood and just wanted to meet you and say hello”
- Introduce yourself, give the “About Me” marketing pack and gift
- Be friendly. Build a relationship
- Ask “Have you received any of my postcards?”
- Ask “Are you thinking about selling in the next year or two?”
- Follow up
- Personal follow up note immediately
- Phone calls, pop-by, etc over time
Download the “About Me” Marketing Pack
Click Here to download the About Me Marketing Pack. This is a Zip file. Save it to your computer then copy the Word documents from it.